We’ve written previously about the good work being done by Financial Ready Utah to prepare for fiscal uncertainty and the likely potential for federal funding cuts. Created by Utah’s CPA community, Financial Ready Utah is a unique coalition of state legislators, chambers of commerce, community leaders, and concerned citizens.
This is a great way for local and state leaders to bring decision-making back to their states, and as the federal debt inches toward $17 Trillion, other states should take notice. In 2013, Utah passed seven important bills below that will be critical for the state’s fiscal stability.
- SB 70 Federal Funds Commission
- SCR 7 Concurrent Resolution to Reduce Utah’s Dependence on Federal Funds
- SJR 7 Joint Rules Resolution on Revenue Estimates for Federal Funds
- SB 138 Amendments to Requirements for Governor’s Proposed Budget
- HB 195 Budgetary Act Revisions
- HB 205 Contingency Plans for Political Subdivisions
- SB 158 Municipal General Fund Amendments